Thursday, September 2, 2010

Apparently "Monumental" Is Relative. Like "Truth."

Overheard (Not really "overheard" but an actual conversation between me and...someone else. One of those "You had to hear it to believe it" sort of conversations.):

Her: You look good. You've lost weight. How much have you lost?
Me: 22 pounds.
Her: Wow. Good for you.
Me: Thanks. You know, (mutual friend) has lost over 100 pounds. 120, I think. Maybe more.
Her: Wow! I had no idea she was trying to lose weight. That's awesome.

(Go on about our day and have other conversations. Later....)

Her: Did you go to So-And-So's birthday party?
Me: No, we were on vacation.
Her: Oh. Well, I was there. (Wouldn't she have known if I was there, then? Regardless.) And (mutual friend mentioned above) was there, too. So, that was good. I got to see her.
Me: Wait. You saw (mutual friend) a month ago, and you're SURPRISED she lost 120 pounds?
Her: Yeah, well, I don't usually notice unless it's something monumental.

*headdesk*
*facepalm*

1 comment:

  1. Sounds extremely "monumental" to me. 120 pounds is amazing - way to go to your friend. And, "hello, catch a clue!" to your other friend. Also, way to go, to you too. You are doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete