Friday, September 3, 2010

I Love You, Man?

Overheard:

My husband and I were with a friend of his and my IL's today. My husband is 43 and this friend (male) is about 55. When we were leaving this guy's work, my husband was talking to him and said "I love you" to him. When we were walking away, I asked my husband "did you just tell him that you love him?" and he said "yes". I said I thought that was weird and he said that this guy signs all his emails to him that way (I love you). Then this guy walked us to our car and my FIL was making fun of my husband's hair and this guy said "it's okay I think it's beautiful. See y'all later".

So would this weird you out? FWIW, my husband and I have sex about once every 3 weeks if anyone needs to know that.

Hmm.

And, wow.

5 comments:

  1. EEEEEWWWW. I mean, eww. And there is something goin' on there. It may be one-sided, but there is definitely something goin' on there. ewww. Did i mention, eww?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But. I have women friends to whom I say "I love you" when we meet and when we part. I think you may have met one of these friends. ;-)

    While I AGREE about the ewwwwwwwww factor, I'm wondering....why ewwwwwwww with men, and not with women?

    For real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i knew you'd bring that up. I'll admit i would find it "normal" for siblings or maybe even guys that had served in the military together. The "I Love You" isn't as bad as the hair comment. Beautiful is rarely a word used between men unless they're talking about fish or a babe. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it wasn't the "I love you" as much as the "beautiful."

    ReplyDelete